Friday, March 6, 2009

MAN's Work!

Bethany and I were watching "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" this last Christmas, and we saw this part that I never remembered. From then on, we have been joking about my "man's work."

  • Need that bottle open? Step aside! This is man's work!
  • Need to reach something really high up? Step aside, woman! This is man's work!
  • Is that thing you're lifting heavy? Step aside! This is man's work!
  • Garbage . . . um, what garbage?
Just as I take pride in winning "gold stars," I take great pride in my manly man stuff that only us men can do (cause we're men). We're men for a reason, and that is to do man's work--pure and simple. I look up to Donner, and all those like him, who are not afraid to spread their manly, manny, manish work across the globe. Cause, seriously, who else is gonna do man's work but men? Women? Paaaleeeze! Step aside, little woman, and let this manly man work his magic on that there pickle jar.

What? Oh, don't care about the jar? You want me to clean the kitchen . . . um, that doesn't sound like man's work . . .

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm so awesome that I even leave comments on my own blog! How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guffawed while reading this post, and then I couldn't help but guffaw again when I saw that you left yourself a comment. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to leave my last comment, I had to type in a word verification thing, and the word was "furgast". Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Furgast," that sounds like a manly word! I like it!
    -What the furgast was that!?
    -Yeah, just got done replacing the furgast on my [manly] truck.

    :)

    ReplyDelete